2024 NTU PhD Studentship Scheme
Our mission is to create lasting, meaningful change throughout the world, and your research can be a key part of us achieving that goal. Our generous fully funded PhD studentships will allow you to concentrate on what matters most — producing high-quality, world-leading outputs that fulfil our reputation for excellence, by delivering real impact on a global scale.
Re:ducing barriers, inspiring re:search
Finance shouldn’t be a barrier to research innovation and excellence. Our ethos is ‘success for all’ — and if you’ve got the talent, the perspectives and the capacity to deliver change, we’ll support you. In return for your expertise and groundbreaking research outputs, our studentships will:
- cover the full cost of your PhD fees
- provide a tax-free stipend for your living expenses
2024 Nottingham Trent University PhD Studentship Scheme
Each studentship will be accepted as a full-time or part-time doctoral candidate at NTU, to pursue a defined research project.
The studentship will cover:
- Tuition fees for Years 1-3 of PhD study at Nottingham Trent University and the thesis-pending fee (a reduced fee for candidates in completing their thesis) in Year 4.
- A stipend to be paid in monthly arrears in Years 1-3 of PhD study at Nottingham Trent University in line with UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) minimum rates. You can find further information on UKRI rates on the UK Research and Innovation website.
The Nottingham Trent University PhD Studentship Scheme has funded some remarkable projects over the last few years, and we hope to see that continue in 2024. The 2024 Nottingham Trent University PhD Studentship Scheme is open to all UK, EU, and Overseas applicants who meet the academic and scheme eligibility criteria: to check that you are eligible to apply, please consult the criteria below.
- To be eligible to apply to the 2024 PhD Studentship Scheme you must meet the standard qualifications entry criteria for PhD study at Nottingham Trent University which can be found in paragraphs 4.4 and 4.5 of the Quality Handbook Section 11- Research Degrees using the following link to our website: quality-handbook-section-11-research-degrees-sept-2023.pdf (ntu.ac.uk)
- You must be available to begin study at Nottingham Trent University either on our 01 October 2024 entry date or on our 05 January 2025 entry date.
- Existing doctoral level candidates based at Nottingham Trent University or applicants who already hold a doctoral degree will not be eligible for PhD Studentship funding under this scheme.
- You are only allowed to submit one application relating to one proposal to the 2024 Nottingham Trent University PhD Studentship Scheme.
- Only full and complete applications, submitted by 12 noon (GMT) on 12 January 2024 to the NTU Doctoral School via the online application portal, will be eligible to enter the PhD Studentship scheme.
Any questions or queries can be directed to email@example.com.